Please follow our Student Dress Code:
- Wear clothing that allows for freedom in movement. Please choose fabrics that have stretch, but stay opaque through movement and stretching. No denim, please!
- Jewelry should be kept to a minimum to decrease distraction and risk of injury.
- Dance shoes should be worn only within the studios, in order to keep both shoes and floors clean. Similarly, outdoor shoes should not be worn in the studio.
- Hair pulled away from the face
Specific Class Recommendations
- Girls: Pink or black ballet tights, ballet slippers, and leotard. Ballet skirts or shorts may be worn. Socks can be worn in place of ballet slippers.
- Boys: Black pants, ballet shoes, and a fitted shirt or tank top. Socks can be worn in place of ballet shoes.
- Contemporary – Leggings or shorts and a form fitting top. Class is usually taken in bare feet. Dance paws are also a good option.
- Creative Movement – Clothing that is comfortable to move in but still allows the lines of the body to be seen. Class is taken in bare feet/dance paws.
- Hip Hop – Clothing that is comfortable to move in but still allows the lines of the body to be seen and tennis/athletic shoes that are only for dance.
- Jazz – Leggings or shorts with a form fitting top, jazz shoes.
- Musical Theater – Leggings or shorts and a form fitting top. Dancers can choose to wear jazz shoes or heeled character shoes.
- Tap – Clothing that is comfortable to move in but still allows the lines of the body to be seen. Tap shoes required.
- Toddler Time – Clothing that is comfortable to move in. Class is taken in bare feet.
The ReDance Store
Windfall has some clothing and shoe options available for purchase in their consignment ReDance store, located in lower level of the studio. All items are available for $5 or can be exchanged for a gently worn dance clothing or shoe item.